How to Repair Windows 10 Free Without Losing Data
Does your Windows 10 computer have some problems and does not work or boot well? Try using startup repair or automatic repair, SFC scan now Windows 10, restart PC, system restore, etc. to fix Windows 10 problems for free. In this article, we provide you with 6 methods to fix Windows 10. Also download windows 12 iso for an upgrade.
When your Windows 10 computer malfunctions, won’t boot, crashes, or has black/blue screen errors, you can take some steps to fix Windows 10 problems and bring your PC back to normal. Microsoft also offers free built-in Windows 10 repair tools to help you fix Windows 10 problems, including Windows 10 Boot Repair, SFC Scannow, Reset This PC, System Restore, etc. Still, there are other good third-party tools available to fix Windows 10 for you to choose from. This article collects the best 6 ways to fix Windows 10 problems, using Win 10 Startup Repair, SFC /Scannow, system restore, reset, reinstall, and Booted commands. Also included is a detailed guide on how to repair Windows 10 and recover lost/deleted data/files from Windows 10.
How to repair Windows 10 using Windows 10 Startup Repair
If your Windows 10 computer is unable to boot well or does not start properly, you can try the built-in Windows Startup Repair tool to fix this problem. Windows 10 Startup Repair has been designed to help users fix the problems that prevent Windows 10 from loading. You can try using this free Windows 10 repair tool to fix almost all Windows boot/startup problems. 10. Check the step-by-step guide below.
Step 1 – Access the Windows Recovery Environment
You usually have three ways to access the Windows 10 recovery environment.
- You can try turning your Windows 10 computer on and off three times to enter Windows Recovery Environment. You can turn on the PC and when the Windows logo appears on the screen, turn it off immediately. Repeat this operation 3 times. When you have done this three times, the PC will start in WinRE mode. Windows 10 Automatic Repair will attempt to diagnose and fix any startup problems your Windows 10 PC is having. However, if it fails, you can also tap on advanced options to access advanced startup options.
- The second way to access Windows Re is to click Start -> Settings -> Update & security -> Recovery -> Restart now(under advanced startup). These two methods allow you to repair Windows 10 operating system without using a CD.
- The third way to access the Windows recovery environment is to use a Windows 10 recovery bootable media, for example, a bootable DVD/USB drive.
- You can connect the Windows installation CD/DVD or USB boot drive to your computer and start your Windows 10 PC.
- Then press escape, Del, F8, F2, or whatever key is necessary to access the BIOS.
- Then press the right arrow to choose the Boot menu and press the up arrow keys or the down arrow key on the keyboard to choose the bootable DVD or USB flash drive and press + on the keyboard to move the boot device you selected to the top of the boot device list. Hit enter to boot the Windows 10 PC.
- Click on Repair this PC and enter the advanced options, so you can later use the startup repair tool to fix the boot problems you have in Windows 10. This should allow you to fix your Windows 10 installation from USB.
Step 2: Repair Win 10 for free with Windows 10 Startup Repair
When you enter the WinRE environment, you can click below: Troubleshoot -> Advanced Options -> Startup Repair. The Windows 10 Startup Repair Tool will proceed to diagnose and fix your computer’s startup problems automatically. If your Windows 10 PC doesn’t have any startup issues, it will show a “Startup Repair couldn’t fix your PC” message.
Step 1. Open Windows Command Prompt
To use the Windows 10 SFC tool, you will first need to access the Windows Command Prompt.
- You can press the Windows+ R keys on the keyboard -> enter cmd in the Run window and press enter -> click OK to run the command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Or you can also click start and type cmd or command prompt -> right click on the first result Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator option to open Windows 10 command prompt.
Step 2. Run SFC /Scannow to repair Windows 10 OS for free
Then, in the command prompt window, you can enter this command line: sfc /scannow and then hit enter. Then the best Windows 10 repair tool, System File Checker, will start to scan all protected system files and repair any corrupted files it detects in Windows 10. When the verification is 100% complete, you can check the scan results to see if any errors were found. If some errors have been found, you can run the SFC command several times to try to fix everything.
Now let’s have a look at the new window 12 iso file.